Monday, June 11, 2012

Running on Faith


Sometimes life throws you a curve ball that you really never expected to come your way. You are hit smack in the face, seemingly out of nowhere, with emotions and decisions you never thought you'd have to deal with.

There has never been a promise that life was going to be easy. The thing is, what do we do about it when we are faced with these challenges?

I have faced a lot in my life living with a physical disability. I feel like thinking "outside of the box" is sometimes the only way I can make what is simplistic to most happen for me. However, that isn't any reason to give up.

Listen, you don't have to have a physical disability to understand where I am coming from. We all have our "stuff". It is how we deal with that stuff that makes us who we are.

Sure it would be easy to sulk, throw in the towel and enjoy ourselves a nice little pity party; but at the end of the day we are no better for it.

I realize putting on a happy face, holding our heads held high and speaking positivity isn't always the easiest when you are crying inside, but I will tell you, just doing these little things can make all the difference in the your situation.

I have found that trusting in my faith, in a higher power, is what has gotten me through more times that I can count. Reminding myself that I am not alone in this fight gives me the strength to carry on another day.

I am truly blessed to have an amazing husband, family, friends, co-workers that I can turn to for advice and support, but it is still my faith that gives me that comfort that one way or another, things will work out. I do have to remind myself that when I say "things will work out" it isn't always in the way I would have liked. However I have found that even if not initially, I come to realize that the outcome of whatever I was going through taught me a lesson and also brought me to a better place.

I say all this to simply say, keep your faith, whatever it may be, close to your heart. Never feel like you are alone in your situation, because believe me, you are not. Remember that YOU WILL make it through and YOU WILL be better for going through whatever it is that you are. So put on that amazingly beautiful smile of yours, hold your head up high and never forget how important you are.

1 comment: