Thursday, November 29, 2012
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
2 cups peanuts
2 cups salted pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
2 cups M&M’s
3 (16 ounce) bags white chocolate chips
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave and then pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Lay the mixture flat on cookie sheets and refrigerate until hardened. Remove from refrigerator and break the mixture apart.
Is It a Keeper?
Yes! Si! Ja! Tak! Da! That would be “YES!” in 5 languages. Because I thought one language just wasn’t enough.
This trash is addictive! It’s salty. It’s sweet. It’s crunchy. It’s chocolatie. It’s like jacked up Chex Mix…covered in chocolate. It should come with a warning — CAUTION: It is nearly impossible to walk away from this candy. Proceed only if you you possess very strong will power.
What’s your favorite snack mix recipe?
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Hello Beautiful. With the winter season upon us I am all too excited to break out my boots. Although for this FL girl it might not be cold enough for full length boots just yet; I am loving these options for stylish ankle boots! Whether you want a chic take on a hiking boot, something flat that is a bit edgy, something to show off your girly side or a sexy peep toe, these are all amazing options that are far from your basic black boot.
|Jennifer Lopez Platform Ankle Boots - $54.99|
|Mudd Ankle Boots - $44.97|
|Chloé - Studded python ankle boots - $1,750|
|Marc Jacobs - Leather ankle boots - $537|
|Charlotte Olympia - Minerva lace and satin ankle boots - $1,160|
|Naya Fennel Perforated Leather Ankle Boots - $114.95|
Monday, November 26, 2012
Last week I alluded to the fact that I had to take time away. Time to refresh and focus on me. With each passing day things become clearer and clearer to me.
The things that are important to me.
The things that were harmful or unhealthy in my life.
The people that matter the most and are there for me no matter what.
The truth of the matter is also that some harsh realities were also unveiled. Those people I thought would always would be there, were not. The activities I thought were important, were not. The possessions I thought were important, were not. . .and so on and so forth.
With each new day and new discovery of who I truly am, suddenly I see. Suddenly I see that the most important thing in this life. . .is living it.
I have always been a worrier. I worry what people think of me. I worry what the consiquences of my actions will be. My mind is in constant overdrive.
Now, I'm not saying I am now simply throwing caution to the wind and letting the cards fall as they may. What I'm saying is, I am making a concious effort to LIVE. To take each new day as a chance to grow within myself. To try something I was afraid to try. To not only tell those I care about how much I love them, but to really show them. To stop putting things off until tomorrow when I can make a difference TODAY.
It isn't always easy friends. I look in the mirror sometimes and saying, "I Look Good Today", which used to come so easily, isn't always so anymore. . .but it is getting easier again.
Just remember. We are all going through our own "stuff". We can have the most well put together exterior that you have ever seen, and hiding the greatest hurt one can carry on the inside. I just hope that like me, suddenly you will see all you were meant to be!
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Good Morning Gorgeous! Thanksgiving is tomorrow. A day full of family, friends and more food than one person should consume in a day - are you as excited as I am? I recently found this adorably delicious nail art idea that is sure to be the perfect diversion for when your grandmother starts asking if there are any special men in your life.
This drool-worthy design is just as scrumptious as its namesake, but without all the calories. You'll need a rich red shade for the "filling," a warm beige for the "crust," and a thin brush for the design work.
Begin by painting your whole nail with your red filling color, then wait for it to dry. Starting in the center, use a thin brush dipped in the beige polish to paint three diagonal lines across your nail.
Now take your brush and create three more diagonal lines going in the opposite direction. This will create the lattice crust effect.
Careful! These delicious looking digits might have you going back to the dessert table for second (or third!) helpings.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
When you are a stay at home mom, it can be hard to pay attention to how you look. Crying babies and never ending piles of laundry can get in the way of fashion, and you may realize halfway through the day that you have not looked in a mirror yet or that there are food stains on your clothing.
Luckily, there are a few outfits that are perfect for stay at home moms. The following five fashion ideas blend comfort and practicality with just a little bit of style. If you add a small flash of beauty to your outfit every day, you will look better and feel better, and sometimes taking care of yourself is the best way to be a better mom.
1. Perhaps the most popular outfit for a stay at home mom is a simple pair of jeans, a tee-shirt, and a hooded sweatshirt. This layered look is perfect for the fall months when you may have to face changing temperatures. The tee-shirt is a great tool for highlighting your individuality while the jeans are just right for the dirty tasks that a stay at home mom is likely to face.
2. Another great look for stay at home moms is a skirt over a pair of leggings. With leggings, you can extend the life of your favorite summer skirt. While your skirt is making you feel feminine and beautiful, your leggings will ensure that you are warm, comfortable, and able to move around easily. If you like, you can pair this outfit with a fun apron. An apron is a great way to protect your skirt, and it will give you a fun June Cleaver feeling as you sweep around your home and kitchen.
3. Stay at home moms can easily integrate workout wear into their daily outfits. For instance, they can wear a pair of yoga pants with a cute tee-shirt. Workout clothes can make you feel sporty and powerful, but they are also super comfortable. If you are worried about feeling sloppy, you pair them with something extra stylish like a fun headband or a bit of jewelry. If you are lucky, you may even be inspired to fit in an afternoon workout.
4. While at home, you may spend most of your time in your socks or slippers, but when it is time to leave the house, you should have a few good pairs of shoes. You do not need to spend a lot of money to have shoes that look fabulous. In fact, most stay at home moms can get by with just two pairs of shoes. Ideally, you should have a pair of sneakers. These are essential for late afternoon hikes with your pre-teens or early morning jogs with your babies. For occasions where you do not need to be sporty, you should have a pair of leather dress boots. Boots are the perfect solution when you need to dress up a pair of jeans, and they look great with your favorite skirt as well.
5. Nursing mothers can wear any of the outfits described above, but they should try to pair everything with a nursing tank top. Nursing tank tops can be bought at most big box stores or maternity shops. These tank tops have a flap at the top that allows the mother to nurse her baby discreetly, and because the mother does not have to lift her shirt up from the bottom, it means that her postpartum roll of baby fat is hidden under the shirt.
About the Guest Author
Agnes Jimenez is a professional blogger and writer. She writes for many online establishments and supports those ones that offer alternative fashion lifestyles to consumers. She is currently busy guest blogging for McArthurJewelers.com, an online jewelry store that offers authentic jewelry and accessories for hardworking moms.
Monday, November 19, 2012
Hello Lovely. It has been a while and I have missed you so! I know that it must seem like your daily dose of I Look Good Today just disappeared without warning, never to be heard from again. These last few months have been challenging for me, and unfortunately, I had to step away and focus on ME for a bit. I hope now that I'm back, you will check in each day, leaving your amazing comments as we jump back in to all things I Look Good Today.
I'm not ready to fully divulge what has gone on in my absence, but I have learned that sometimes the brightest moments come after the darkest nights. I’ve found time can heal most anything, and you just might find who you’re supposed to be in the process.
Figuring out that I belong in the skin I’m in is better than Christmas morning. Better than buying a new dress and that Gucci purse you've been eyeing in the same day! But it’s sort of scary too. Every time I stretch or take a deep breath I’m afraid a piece of me is going to fall off like something bursting out of a shell. So what? If it falls off then it didn’t belong there anyway, right? It was something I tried to patch on to my psyche, thinking that it belonged there.
What is so important to remember when you face life's challenges is that you need to get to a place where you are free. Free to explore and find, I hope, who you are years after your journey began. Time to pause and reflect and regroup and restore your power. Dive deep into yourself and leave behind what no longer serves your soul. You will be free, but not until you know; not until you find YOU again.