Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Strings Attached

This past weekend I was feeling in the mood to stay in my PJs for an extended period and watch a chick flick. Rather than going to my standards that I have seen a million times, I thought that I would peruse NetFlixs and watch something I hadn't seen before.

One of the movies suggested for me was "No Strings Attached." I love both Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman and had wanted to see this movie in the theater, but never made it, so I was thrilled that it was available!

I knew the premise and could figure out the ending even before the movie started. Boy meets girl, boy and girl "hook up", one/both start to have feelings for the other even though they promised there would be "no strings attached", feelings get hurt and inevitably they would either get together or call it off. I'm not telling you the ending; you have to watch it for yourself.

I have to tell you, my prediction was pretty spot on. I will say though that easily predictable and all, I LOVED this movie! "No Strings Attached" poses the question: Is it possible to regularly have sex with someone and not run a risk of falling in love? The answer according to this movie is no.

Maybe it is the romantic in me, but I thought it was incredibly cute how Adam was pining over Emma. He would have done anything to truly be with this woman and all she wanted was to be friends with benefits. . .well until the possibility of losing him forever came into reality.

If you are like me and find yourself wanting to lounge around in your PJs for the afternoon during the weekend, I highly recommend this movie. It's funny, sexy and and will leave you wondering. . .why didn't my man ever make me a period mix?

4 comments:

  1. Jaime,

    Omygosh, you are a very FUN writer! I am smiling right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura. I'm so glad you are smiling! Thanks for following me!

      Delete
  2. This movie is super cute, but I have to say I actually liked Friends with Benefits, which came out around the same time with the same premise, better. That's the Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake one. I found it smarter than this one, with better chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Friends with Benefits yet. That's another on my to watch list.

      Delete