Does this sound familiar? Your open your closet doors, step inside (If you are like me with a walk-in closet.) and stare with uninspired dismay at the same clothes you have worn over and over again as you try to come up with some new and creative clothing combination.
Sadly, this has been the feeling I have been having recently with my own wardrobe. I actually have 2 1/2 closets full of clothes and think. . .I have NOTHING TO WEAR!!!
It might not be affordable to go out and buy an entirely new wardrobe (I can dream), but there are some staple items that are great for any fashionista to build her new wardrobe:
1. Black Leather Pumps: If you need a pair of shoes that you can wear with just about anything, you can not go wrong with a basic black leather pump.
2. Tailored White Shirt: Whether you are headed into the board room, to a business dinner or a movie date, you can't go wrong with a tailored white button down. This simple yet classic piece can be dressed up or down for any occasion.
3. A Black Suit: Every lady needs a suit on standby in the event she is called for a last minute interview. A basic black suit is the best option for suiting. It allows you the versatility to dress it up different colored tops and bold accessories or wear minimal accessories for a more conservative look.
4. A Knee Length Jacket: Some outfits may require a jacket and some may require a longer, more formal overcoat. If your budget is tight, opt for a knee length jacket. This type of outwear can be worn in a casual manner as well as dressy.
5. Diamond Stud Earrings: This is a classic fashion accessory that compliments any outfit. Large or small, you can't go wrong with diamond studs. . .diamonds are a girls best friend after all!
6. The Perfect Black Dress: If Mr. Right calls to take you out for a night on the town, would you have the perfect dress in your closet? A nicely cut black dress is a wardrobe essential for any woman's closet. Something as simple as a sheath or nicely fitted dress can be dressed up nicely for many events with the right accessories.
7. Jeans that fit like a glove: When I say fit like I glove, I mean a nicely fitted glove and not a glove that is bursting at the seams. A classy lady would never wear jeans that are too tight. However, it is nice to have jeans that compliment your figure.
9. Sexy Underwear: Half of how your look in your clothing is how you wear it. If you do not have properly fitting undergarments, it will show. Invest in a couple of bras that provide adequate support and coverage. You pantie drawer should include a variety of cuts and styles of panties to include both thong underwear and seamless panties. Why ruin a perfect pair of fitted leggings with an unattractive pantie line?
10. A String of Pearls and Matching Earrings: When I put my pearls on, I instantly look very classy. I think Breakfast at Tiffany's chic! If you have a plain black dress, style and class can be added with a string of pearls. Pearls are a must in the jewelry box of the modern lady.