When you are a stay at home mom, it can be hard to pay attention to how you look. Crying babies and never ending piles of laundry can get in the way of fashion, and you may realize halfway through the day that you have not looked in a mirror yet or that there are food stains on your clothing.
Luckily, there are a few outfits that are perfect for stay at home moms. The following five fashion ideas blend comfort and practicality with just a little bit of style. If you add a small flash of beauty to your outfit every day, you will look better and feel better, and sometimes taking care of yourself is the best way to be a better mom.
1. Perhaps the most popular outfit for a stay at home mom is a simple pair of jeans, a tee-shirt, and a hooded sweatshirt. This layered look is perfect for the fall months when you may have to face changing temperatures. The tee-shirt is a great tool for highlighting your individuality while the jeans are just right for the dirty tasks that a stay at home mom is likely to face.
2. Another great look for stay at home moms is a skirt over a pair of leggings. With leggings, you can extend the life of your favorite summer skirt. While your skirt is making you feel feminine and beautiful, your leggings will ensure that you are warm, comfortable, and able to move around easily. If you like, you can pair this outfit with a fun apron. An apron is a great way to protect your skirt, and it will give you a fun June Cleaver feeling as you sweep around your home and kitchen.
3. Stay at home moms can easily integrate workout wear into their daily outfits. For instance, they can wear a pair of yoga pants with a cute tee-shirt. Workout clothes can make you feel sporty and powerful, but they are also super comfortable. If you are worried about feeling sloppy, you pair them with something extra stylish like a fun headband or a bit of jewelry. If you are lucky, you may even be inspired to fit in an afternoon workout.
4. While at home, you may spend most of your time in your socks or slippers, but when it is time to leave the house, you should have a few good pairs of shoes. You do not need to spend a lot of money to have shoes that look fabulous. In fact, most stay at home moms can get by with just two pairs of shoes. Ideally, you should have a pair of sneakers. These are essential for late afternoon hikes with your pre-teens or early morning jogs with your babies. For occasions where you do not need to be sporty, you should have a pair of leather dress boots. Boots are the perfect solution when you need to dress up a pair of jeans, and they look great with your favorite skirt as well.
5. Nursing mothers can wear any of the outfits described above, but they should try to pair everything with a nursing tank top. Nursing tank tops can be bought at most big box stores or maternity shops. These tank tops have a flap at the top that allows the mother to nurse her baby discreetly, and because the mother does not have to lift her shirt up from the bottom, it means that her postpartum roll of baby fat is hidden under the shirt.
About the Guest Author
Agnes Jimenez is a professional blogger and writer. She writes for many online establishments and supports those ones that offer alternative fashion lifestyles to consumers. She is currently busy guest blogging for McArthurJewelers.com, an online jewelry store that offers authentic jewelry and accessories for hardworking moms.