Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fiji


I would just love to be sitting in one of those beach chairs right now on the beautiful island of Fiji! To feel the warm ocean breeze on my face and listen to the water as it rushes on to shore. . .PARADISE! Who's with me?

Since my private jet ready to whisk me away is currently unavailable (imagine that), I have found another way to fall in love with this exotic local.


Fiji by Essie is the perfect clean, classic and girly nail polish color! This pale white-pink polish is like the color of pale pink sand on a gorgeous beach.

This is the color I've been looking for. Most light pink polishes are very sheer, and that's nice when that's what you want. But I was looking for a change to a nice baby pastel pink and I got it.

I fell in love with this color when I saw it on Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere. I picked up a bottle this week to try it for myself with the hopes I would like it just as much on me. A lot of reviews say it is "streaky". . . I applied two coats, a thin first coat and then a thick second coat. I had no problems with streaking. Just make sure you have enough on your brush that you don't need to dip a second time when applying to your nail.

This will definitely be one of my new "go to" polishes! I feel that island breeze already!


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I would love to take a trip to Fiji, but I think I'll have to stick to buying the nail color for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so lovely!!! I'd love to try it...

    p.s. your guest post will be up on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete