Monday, October 3, 2011

Get Intense with CoverGirl's New Intense ShadowBlast

The CoverGirl Blast collection has become a drugstore phenomenon, and one of my personal favorites when it comes to affordable makeup. Available in 6 gorgeous shades, these cream eye shadows are waterproof with a built-in primer that guarantees to last all day without smearing or creasing. Retailing for about $7.99 each, These creamy shadows work great as an eyeshadow base or worn alone for a simple and polished look.

The available colors in this line are:

805 Platinum Pop - A silver shimmer with a pop of sky blue. This color leans more blue or silver depending on how much you layer on & which color you want to play up more.

800 Beige Blaze - A soft metallic creamy tan color. This ShadowBlast works great as a primer for soft neutral looks.

825 Blue Bomb - In the tube this color looks like a deep medium blue color, but applied it's more like a soft blue rather than a vibrant blue color.

815 Brown Bling - Is an interesting color. It’s a brownish taupe with a hint of silver mixed in. This is another color that would work well as a base for a neutral look.

820 Extreme Green - A soft chartreuse color that has just the right amount of shimmer included. I've been looking for a nice green eyeshadow for fall, and I think this is it!

810 Forever Pink -  A very soft baby pink. It has a nice shimmer effect to it, but it almost takes away from the true pink color.

Now let's talk about lasting power. The longevity on these babies are amazing. By the end of my work day my eyeshadow looked as fresh as when I put it on in the morning; which I can't say that on many eye shadow products. I also like that these apply like a cream but dry to a nice smooth powder finish. When applied under another eyeshadow they help to make colors pop and be crease-resistant.


Another bonus, this product's applicator is not your typical sponge-tip wand. The sponge on this applicator is much more "fluffy" and slightly larger than other sponge-tip applicators. I really love it as it feels softer against my lids than other sponge-tip applicators.

Have you tried any of the CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast line? If so, how do you like them? If not, do you think this product might be a good fit for you? I'd love to hear from you!

P.S. Congrats to Kristin on winning the hair fascinator! I know it will look beautiful on you!

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about the newest make-up. It surely has been a help to me. I have just tried Revlon's Color Stay Overtime Lipcolor in "Keep Blushing". It was a soft pink that lasted all day throughout work & all my meals. A wish come true!

    ReplyDelete