For many years as soon as the laundry left the dryer the dryer sheets would go right into the trash. In my mind it had done its job. What I have learned through the years that these wonderful smelling sheets do much more than take the static cling from your clothes while in the dryer.
Use Dryer Sheets to:
- Use a used dryer sheet to wipe your television or computer screen. Dryer sheets will help reduce the static cling of electronics.
- Use a used dryer sheet to clean blinds and baseboards. It's the same concept as above!
- Place an unused sheet in your drawers to help clothes keep smelling great.
- Run a threaded needle through a fabric sheet before sewing to help keep thread from tangling.
- Freshen smelly shoes by keeping a dryer sheet tucked in them when they're sitting in the closet.
- Clean pet hair from furniture, clothes, or carpet. Just run a used sheet over it and it should attract it.
- Loosen stuck on food from pans. Place an unused sheet in the bottom of the pan, fill with warm water, and let sit over night. It should be easier to clean in the morning. (I've never tried this, but I have read it works great!)
- Eliminate car odors by tucking new sheets under seats.
- Use a used sheet to clean soap scum from shower doors; just dampen the dryer sheet and wipe.
- Make that wet dog odor go away. If the dog comes in smelling awful, just wipe him down with a used dryer sheet.
- Repel mosquitoes. Hang used dryer sheets in your patio or pin them to your clothes. (I haven't tried this one either, but have heard it works.)
- Use it as an air freshener. Stick them under furniture and in closets to make the house smell fresh without costing a ton.
- End static cling. Carry a dryer sheet with you and just dampen it and run it down static-y clothing. This works great for hair too!!!
- Dusting in general.
- Clean paint brushes by soaking the brush in water with a dryer sheet.
- In your gym bag to keep from smelling.
- Hang them near your garden to keep critters from munching a way.
- Dust your washer and dryer when you are finished with the laundry.