Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Life Has No Remote




Hello Gorgeous.

I have had many conversations with friends, family and coworkers about change, and how we have to be the facilitator of the change that happens in our lives.

I have met so many people in my life that complain, whine and gripe about their situation, yet do NOTHING to change it. Sound familiar to you too? Look, I have all the patience in the world to listen to someones issues, but when I see that there is no attempt (Even if that attempt doesn't work) to do something about it - my patience runs thin.

Have you ever heard the saying, "If nothing changes, nothing changes"?

When it comes to my own life, I think of having a remote in my hand - and I am the only one with access to all the channels! How important it is to recognize that one’s own life is not a spectator sport, and that if we want to change it, then it is up to each of us to realize that firstly change is possible and secondly that WE are responsible for making it happen. No one else can do it for us.

The beauty of this remote we are the keeper of is that we are able to select any program we want - we should have control over how we behave, over what we do and how we do it. But sometimes we continually select the wrong program don't we. I understand sometimes with the "programs" we are tuning in to they might not be what we actually want, but we need to "watch" it through its entirety. However, the trouble of course is we are selecting these unhelpful programs sometimes deliberately or even consciously and then sitting comatose on the couch with our Bon Bons completely glazed over with no intention, urge or plan to change to a better channel.

I've made it a point throughout my entire life to not wait for someone else to make my destiny happen. Why should I? Why should you? If I want something - if you want something - go for it now!

I have seen and heard so many people say,

"Why can't good things happen to me?"

"Why can't I catch a break?"

You can. . .and you will. I'm not saying making life's changes and achieving your dreams is going to be an easy task. Unfortunately reaching those goals means sometimes not being set to the comedy station of life. Sometimes you might need to tune in to a drama. . .even a suspense program once in a while to get to the program of your ultimate choosing.

I understand having a "go get 'em" mindset isn't always easy - and you better believe there are going to be bumps in the road, or "commercials" that will deter or pause you from your regularly schedule program of life. This is when more than EVER you need to be strong. You need to stay focused on your goal and have the determination that no matter what - no matter how hard - I will be successful. I will make the change to better my life.

It would be great if we could live in a fantasy world where wishes are granted like in the olden days of "I Dream of Jeanie", but sadly, our world is not fantasy. Your life is reality TV in its truest form.

Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment