Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Model in a Bottle

Back in May I reviewed Kat Von D's Lock n' Load at Sephora. My review of this product still stands true that your make-up will look fresh throughout your day. However, I have recently tried a different make-up setting spray that I actually like better.

My dilemma, which I know is pretty unique to me, is that when my hubby or friend would help me transfer from my wheelchair and my cheek would brush against their chest/shoulder, even with Lock n' Load a faint tint of my make-up would be left behind, which is very frustrating.

You may not need to be lifted like I do, but when you are snuggled up close to the one you love or you are changing your clothes, you want your make-up to stay put.

I decided I would try Model in a Bottle (I won't lie, I like the name).

With the very first use I could tell a difference, simple with how my face felt. I have regular to oily skin, so that doesn't help my make-up stay on when in the middle of my day, my nose is a bit oily and I see that even a tissue will take some foundation along with it.

This new skin sensitive formula contains hydro essential oils of lavender and aloe Vera. The combination of these two ingredients adds moisture to the skin and helps control inflammation. Model in a Bottle was specifically designed for women with drier and more sensitive skin and those with rosacea and allergies. The thing I loved about this, is although the product mentions it is for drier skin, it's matte finish keeps my oily skin at bay.


Like the original formula Model in a Bottle, the newer version is resistant to smudging, tears, humidity, and water. Simply apply your makeup as usual, allowing your mascara to dry completely. Spray a few sprays of this ground breaking product and your foundation and eye makeup will stay in place all day and night. When you are ready to take your make-up off at night, simply wash with warm water and your cleanser.

Model in a Bottle should be in every girl's make-up bag! Another product I don't know how I'd live without!

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering about makeup setters... I wear really light amounts of powdered makeup so I may have to finally buy a bottle of your preferred brand!

    I don't know if you knew but I'm doing a you-call-it giveaway and I'd LOVE for you to enter (and win!!!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely let me know how you like it! I wear very light foundation/powder, but without the make-up setter, my hubby always takes some of me along with him.

    Ohhhh, I love a giveaway! I'll be sure to check it out. I hope you will sign up for my giveaway (Check out yesterday's post).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have normal/oily skin too, so this might be something I have to check out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you try it, let me know what you think! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete