Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Retro Chic

Retro chic. A term I think of quite frequently when I think of my favored fashion style, for both men and women. When I think of retro chic, I think of clothing, accessories and items that get their inspiration from earlier decades, notably the 1940's and 1950's.

For me, I can think of no other style icon from that era that I would rather model my own wardrobe after than that of Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey's style was timeless and much of what she wore is still all the rage today (That is because her style forsook trends in favor of classic, clean lines and simple styles.). Since Audrey's look has been so influential on modern fashion, here are some of my favorite ways that I blend her Hollywood style into my own personal look. 

Skinny black pants

Audrey loved her cigarette pants almost as much as that sleek cigarette holder from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Luckily, skinny pants are all over the scene today. Pick up a pair in black (They go with everything) and match it with a black ballet flat for that sophisticated city girl chic look.

Boatneck sweater

An elegant boatneck sweater with three-quarter-length sleeves oozes nautical-infused glamor.


Chic up-do

You know me, I'm all about my hair. Audrey's classic up-do brings a sense of elegance and sophistication to any outfit. Achieve the same look with a French twist or secure a bun with a pretty clip.


Big sunglasses

Audrey wore few accessories but when she did, they packed a punch; think big strands of pearls or one stunning brooch. And of course, your Audrey look wouldn't be complete without those enormous, sin-hiding black sunglasses. It worked for Audrey, it worked for Jackie O - What are you waiting for?
What's your favorite item on the list?  What do you think of Audrey Hepburn's style?

5 comments:

  1. I love Audrey Hepburn SO much! I can totally see you channeling her in your bow sweater and some pants like that. AH.
    Love.

    I have to have big sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely love the fashion/style of her time. It is my fav way to dress!

      Delete
  2. Omg! That is PERFECT! I would adore to wear that. Perfectly put together!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Audrey Hepburn style, it will never fade!

    lovely blog, keep it up,

    http://fashioncherry.co/hm-to-offer-a-luxury-label/

    ReplyDelete