Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Black Raspberry Dreams

I've been telling my husband that Monday started my birthday week (My birthday is April 24 in case you want to send flowers or chocolates or any other gift you may be so inclined to send to your new favorite blogger.) and I was going to enjoy every single minute of it.

After work on Monday we went grocery shopping for a few basic things. My hubby suggested we look in the ice cream section for a sweet treat to have after dinner. I like ice cream, but he LOVES it. I cannot stress how much he loves it.

In one of my earlier blogs I mentioned how black raspberry ice cream was my absolute favorite and how I cannot find it anywhere, but my home state of PA. I must admit though, the fact I can only get the ice cream once a year during our Summer visit does make it extra special and perhaps why I love it so much.

Well, as we were looking at the assortment of ice cream flavors, suddenly the clouds parted, the angels started singing and there it was. . .Breyers Black Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream!


This was how the conversations went:

Me: What kind of ice cream do you want to get this time? I didn't really like the blueberry cream pie lite ice cream we tried last time.

Hubby: You didn't? It's almost gone, I kinda liked it.

Me: Hmmm this black raspberry chocolate sounds like something I would try. (LONG PAUSE). Did I just say BLACK RASPBERRY!!???

Before either one of us could question it, that container of icy raspberry goodness was in our cart and headed for the check out.

I couldn't wait until we finished dinner that night to have a taste of home that I miss so much! And it was SOOO GOOD!

So thank you Breyers Ice Cream for making this Florida girl's birthday week kick off to an amazing start!

6 comments:

  1. I never heard of that flavor. Sounds pretty good..Your right, your birthday week has just started off on the right foot.

    Kristin Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite flavor from Breyers is Cherry Vanilla but that black raspberry sounds amazing. I might have a new favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing!!! The black raspberry I am used to does not have little chocolate squares throughout. I must say those little pieces made it extra yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love finding my favorite things unexpectedly! Hope you enjoy your b-day week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Black Raspberry Chocolate!!! It's definitely one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmmmm.... I am going to try this. jeanine

    ReplyDelete