Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting to Know Me

My name is Jamie.


I live in sunny FL.

I am a spoiled rotten only child :)

I went to college at the University of South Florida (GO BULLS) and got my degree in Mass Communications with a focus in TV Production and Direction.


I appeared in an advertising campaign for Edison State College (Community college when I was there). I was in a TV commercial, on a billboard and on the side of a bus. It is crazy pulling up beside a bus and seeing a giant version of yourself staring back at you!

I work in Public Relations.

I met my husband at my first "real job" after college in 2001. We started dating even after we both swore we didn't date people we worked with. That's because we were meant to be!


I can be very stubborn. I'm a Taurus, it comes naturally.

I love everything to do with fashion and makeup. . .oh and perfume. I have like 20 bottles.

I sang in my high school and college choirs.

I am obsessed with the TV show Glee and try to acquire as much Glee fashion as I can.



 Other TV addictions: Fringe, Dexter, True Blood, Big Bang Theory, Archer, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Ghost Hunters and Cops.

My husband and I want a dog...badly!

I love taking pictures!

I have a slight addiction to soda. I have it in the morning instead of coffee.

Being from PA originally, I much prefer the mountains over the beach.

I love black raspberry ice cream. I can only find it back home in PA, so it is a real treat when I can get it!


In my sophmore year I helped start and was the editor-in-chief of my high school newsmagazine "The Plank".

I'm a twice published poet. 

I get cold easily. Even in the hot FL summer I wear socks to bed and I "burrow" under the covers with just the top of my head sticking out. My husband thinks it is so cute.


I have a determination to never let my disability stop me that reaches far beyond my own will. I know that was instilled in me as a young child by my family and my faith in God.

I was proposed to on a nature trail deep in the woods, in the rain. While I was busy looking for Bambi, he was getting on one knee. . .very romantic!


Went back to school for my Masters in Management degree in 2004 from Bellevue University in Nebraska. I did the full degree online in 16 months. Talk about dedication!

I am a hopeless romantic!

Years before I ever met my husband, while filming a video project for school, I said I wanted to get married in this church one day. On Oct 21, 2006 we did :)


I have become very involved with Tai Chi over the last year and see fabulous results from it!

 I love movies of all kinds. Some of my top favorites are: Dream for an Insomniac, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Devil Wears Prada, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mama Mia and Burlesque.

I am a HUGE Pittsburgh Steeler Fan. I bleed black and gold!

 

I'm an "Expert to the World" on liveperson.com. You can check out the video made about me when I was named one of their top 5 experts.

Uncontrollable bouts of laughter are an everyday occurrence for me.

Because we live in Florida, my hubby and I did not want to go anywhere tropical for our honeymoon. We went to the beautiful Bar Harbor, ME.




While on our honeymoon I was almost eaten by a Liger (A mix between a tiger and a lion) at a rescue zoo we visited. Evidently the "no strollers allowed" sign applied to wheelchairs as well. That kitty DID NOT like me!

My hubby and I were extras in the movie "Dolphin Tale" with Harry Connick Jr, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Kris Kristofferson. It will be out in Sept 2011. You can watch the preview here.

I love everything about being married. I can't imagine a day without my husband in my life!

3 comments:

  1. Jamie,

    Your off to a great start. So proud of you...Say hi to John for me. All my love to you both and to your parents.

    Yeah, I want a dog too....

    Love you Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous, girlie! I'm really enjoying the way you describe your take on things. I know you so well........it just all fits "like a glove".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog from WWEPW! Fabulous!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete