Tuesday, November 22, 2011

By the Fireplace

Curling up in front of a crackling fireplace is one of life’s greatest luxuries, and sadly one that I don't get to partake much in living in sunny FL. With the temps cooling off (FINALLY), I’ve gotten so much joy simply glancing through all of the wonderful images of online northern homes that are lucky enough to have them. I have a gorgeous wood electric fireplace that adds such a cozy feel to our sitting room in the winter, which I cannot wait until it gets cold enough to use, but nothing can replace the real thing. To hear the cracking embers, to feel the heat, to smell the wood burning. . .that is pure greatness if you ask me! Since there is so much emphasis placed on the mantle as we enter the holiday season, I thought I’d share some of my favorite fireplaces that leave me feeling warm and toasty.
 
{Isn't this modern fireplace spectacular? I love the elongated design with the metal frame.}
{I would love to eat my breakfast with the crackling fire to keep me warm. Isn't this country style setting quaint?}




No comments:

Post a Comment