Monday, May 7, 2012

The Lucky One

Happy Monday Beautiful. I hope you had a fabulous weekend!

I recently went to see the movie The Lucky One. Ever since I saw the previews for it in theaters months ago I knew this was a movie for me (Can't help it, I'm a hopeless romantic!)

Destiny is something you sometimes have to experience to believe… or that is what U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault (Efron) discovers. From the previews you know that Logan finds a well-loved photograph on the battlefield with the words “keep safe” on the back and a blonde-haired woman by a lighthouse. Seconds later, the place he had just been blows to smithereens and he is knocked unconscious. Told that he was lucky to still be alive, Logan desperately tries to find the owner of the photo but no one knows whose it is or lays claim to it. Instead of leaving it behind, Logan carries it with him through the rest of his tour, even as his friend claims it to be Logan’s lucky charm – the only thing still keeping him alive.

The Lucky One doesn’t pretend to be anything other than a by-the-book romantic movie, which I was completely in the mood for. Logan is everyman rolled into one. In addition to his mesmerizing blue eyes and buffed up body, he is a Marine, a handy man, loves long walks, dogs, can fix almost anything, good with kids, plays the piano, plays chess and loves reading philosophy. . .yes completely swoon-worthy!

For those of you who haven't seen this movie yet, I won't spoil it for you with any more details. I will tell you though, that it has quickly risen to one of my favorites in the romantic movie genre.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to see this!!! Looks romantical and a bit steam-ay.
    Hope you have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete