Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back in Time

In the past year I have really become addicted to fashion blogs. I particularly have a fondness for those bloggers that give a daily snapshot of what they're wearing. It is amazing the ideas you can get from admiring someone else's outfit choices. There are two fashion blogs in particular that I follow daily Cupcakes and Cashmere and What I Wore. These fashionistas have some of the best fashion sense I have ever seen. Make sure to visit their blogs. You won't be disappointed.

It is because of their daily fashion blogging that I decided to give the 'outfit recap" or "highlight" a whirl.

{Forever 21 sweater, JCPenney pants, vintage necklace, gifted earrings, Fossil watch, Melrose Ave shoes}

This outfit makes me feel like I have stepped back in time; a prim and proper woman, however ready to get down to business and conquer the world. I love the tunic style top with the off-center collar & its large buttons. That isn't the only thing about the top I find unique. The top section of the piece is a cable knit design while the rest is a cotton solid. On the bottom half of the piece there are these adorable cable knit pockets; the perfect accent. The vintage pocket watch necklace gifted to me some years back reminds me of the styles of yesteryear. My "patchwork" shoes that I just adore; the stitching on them reminds me of a quilt. My fleur de lis earrings gifted to me from my hubby. They come from a mission trip our church took to India. They are just stunning in person.



So there you have it, my first fashion post. How did I do? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this outfit. There will certainly be more outfit posts to come. I definitely told myself "I look good today" when I looked in the mirror.

I'm thrilled that Jessica from What I Wore is having a book giveaway of her What I Wore book that hits shelves in two weeks. WOO HOO! She is giving away 10 signed copies of What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style plus a personalized illustration (of you!) to one extra special reader! REALLY hoping it is me :) Don't miss your chance to snag one of these sure to be best sellers for your very own!

11 comments:

  1. I think you look GREAT!!! I love your sense of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I also love fashion posts of what people wore each day. I look forward to seeing more from you. You look so polished in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love that sweater. I have very, very little fashion sense :) But my sister has a fashion blog: http://stateoffashion.blogspot.com

    That is a good idea to post more outfits of what you're wearing that day! I'll have to send her this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! So glad you lovely ladies enjoyed this post. I definitely plan to show you more in the future.

    Jen I will definitely check out your sister's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely - that necklace is absolutely wonderful! Love this outfit post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the necklace, honestly, is my favorite part of the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great! You've put together a stylish outfit! Loving the vintage necklace, it's so pretty! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well. Looks really good.Love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful! Congrats on your first post! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, and congrats! Gets easier. :) love that top and necklace!

    ReplyDelete