Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's a Holiday!


Did you know that today is a holiday? Your calender may not highlight this sacred celebration, but today marks the start of National Toss Your Makeup Month!

When I looked at the list below I cringed on a few of the items I am still using that according to Good Housekeeping are way past their expiration date. It looks like it is out with the old and in with the new. At least this will give me an excuse to go makeup shopping. . .one of my favorite passtimes!

Here is a quick "when-to-toss-it" timeline so you'll know what you can keep and what you can replace.

- Every season: toss your mascara and liquid liner.

- Every six months: toss your skin-care regimen, sunscreens and liquid foundation.

- Every year: toss your hair products

-Every two years: toss your powder-based cosmetics (pressed powder & shadows), lipsticks and nail polish.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I think we all keep somethings way too long! I know I always push it to the max with some of my beauty products!

    ReplyDelete