Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Flashback

{I pass this tree every day on my way to work. The awesomeness of this tree is that for the majority of the year this tree has ordinary green leaves. However, there is a glorious two week or so period that out of nowhere it blooms these vibrant pink flowers. One day this week my favorite tree went from green to pink over night. . .just in time for Valentine's Day!}
Happy Friday Friends. I don't know about you, but I often find myself finding the most joy out of the little things in life. The smell of fresh air, turning on the radio to the exact time a favorite song is starting, a sweet kiss from my hubby are all things that make me so happy. This week seemed to be full of life's simple pleasures. With my busy schedule of event planning calming down this week, these moments seemed more and more apparent (or at least I was able to notice them more). I hope wherever you are in the world you have found time this week to relish in what truly brings you joy!

{Hubby and I were lucky to get invited into a suite at Tropicana Field. Free food, drinks and great friends to enjoy the EW Shrine Game that I worked so hard on! Nice perk for a job well done!}

{I am a huge quote person. I surround myself with my favorite quotes. This came in an email to me this week. Love it!}
{These adorable black bellied whistling ducks were taking a leisurely swim in the lake behind my house. What you don't see is about 50 of their closest friends in my yard.}




4 comments:

  1. Every single time this morning I have felt so hopeless, so... defeated, I read something encouraging like your whole post. I especially like your fence quote. I started crying.
    You're so inspiring to me everyday Jamie. I'm glad I "know" you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was there with you to give you a big hug!!! I understand that sometimes our circumstances make us feel that things are hopeless, but rest assured. This too shall pass and you WILL be victorious. Try this. Instead of focusing on the things that are bringing you down, find something, just one thing that brings you hope and cling to it. You know if you need to talk I am always here!

      XOXO!

      Delete
  2. I, too, feel that you daily give so many people a virtual hug. Often, we feel that life gets to be too much to endure. Your kind & soft way to encourage us, might just give another person that "hug" that he/she needed for that day. Love sent from your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is so gorgeous. I can see why you love it so much. It really is a pretty color.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete