Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Flashback

{Watching Jess and Nick FINALLY kiss on one of my favorite show's New Girl. I was literally clapping with excitement over this moment and I do believe I screamed FINALLY after it happened - yes I am that girlie!}
Happy Friday Lovely. How was your week? Mine was full of superheros. Sometimes I look at my day-to-day happenings and think. . .Is this real life? As you know, I work for a children's hospital, and with that comes the territory of "never a dull moment." This week we had a special visit from Batman. This is no ordinary Batman. This Batman travels the country visiting children's hospitals and raises money to help support families with children who are ill, have disabilities, etc. - he is a real life superhero to so many. Seeing him pull up in his replica Batmobile was enough to cause a complete stir - I don't know who was more excited, the kids or the adults.

In the beginning of this post I alluded to superheros - plural. This next superhero of my week comes in a much smaller package. She is no caped crusader, she isn't faster than a speeding bullet or able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. She does however have the perseverance and courage of the mightiest of warriors. She has a smile that would melt the coldest heart and the wide-eyed optimism that anything is possible. You've met MY superhero here before. She is one of our patients, and this week I scheduled a TV interview all about her. Watching her face light up on camera and hearing her family discuss what the care at our hospital has done for her made my week! She may only be seven years old, but she is the biggest superhero in my eyes!

{So excited for her TV debut! You can watch the video coverage here.}


{I really wish I would have remembered my Catwoman costume!}

{Enjoying a piece of Oreo pie as a sweet pick-me-up.}



1 comment:

  1. awww that is so adorable!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete