Friday, July 1, 2011

Flashback Friday

{I found out about this irresistible snack from my friend Alyson over at The Average Girl's Guide. After reading her glowing review I had to try them for myself. Let me tell you; you cannot eat just one bag. This snack is A-MAZ-ING!!! A new favorite added to my snack list!}
TGIF. I swear at some moments of week I didn't think I'd make it through. This week has taken it's toll on me in a BIG way! I apologize for the lack of post yesterday. Hopefully after you hear my reason for being absent you'll forgive me.

Monday and Tues were just fine, even Wednesday through the work day. . .perfect. Wednesday nights my hubby and I are greeters at church. This particular week the service was much smaller as it was a special prayer service. As we made our way out to our can at 8:15pm, and I made my way up the ramp of van to enter I noticed a pretty blue green substance throughout my van floor. It took a moment to register, but then it clicked. . .my front passenger window had been busted in. Even thinking of it now I still get a nauseous feeling in my stomach. I then noticed our GPS was gone and my hubby's work bag with his laptop, his check book, his planner with computer, website, account access codes and other incidentals all gone.

The rest of the evening through today we have been dealing with police reports, insurance. . .all the headaches that goes along with being robbed. The worst part is the overwhelming feeling of being violated! I hate feeling like we have to look over our shoulder every other minute or that we feel the need to park where we can have a clear view of our car at all times.

I realize as time passes that we will feel more at ease, but as of right now the feelings are all too fresh. The most important part. . .hubby and I are not harmed. It could always be worse. God is good! Each day is a new one. I keep telling myself, "It has to get better from here."

With the risk of sounding "public service announcey" please, please, PLEASE make sure to stay aware of your surroundings. Make sure your GPS doesn't have an address saved as "home" like ours did and put it out of sight when you are not in your car. Park in well lit areas (We did, but our car was broken in to in broad daylight.). Keep items like checkbook, purse, etc with you at all times and if it is in the car, keep it out of sight. I realize that sometimes, even with all precautions in place, bad stuff just happens. However, you can better prepare yourself to try to avoid them from happening.

OK, I'll jump off my soap box and get back to our regularly scheduled blog. There were many things within this week, even through the road bumps that brought a smile to my face.

{Watching episodes from The Big Band Theory. If you haven't seen this show, go and buy it, rent it, watch it online. It is hysterical. The character dynamic of this show reminds me of our group of friends. Wow, did I just admit that we are all a bunch of dorks.}

{Getting to hang out with one of my very best friends/former roommate. This whole car ordeal has taken its toll on my hubby and I. Knowing you have good friends that you can always depend on to be there for you. . .priceless!}

{The return of True Blood. The promo's for the show weren't lying. . .waiting sucks! I LOVE this show, gory, funny, a little sexy. The fact that with HBO Go you can see episodes in advance is sweet! The prior mentioned friend and I enjoyed the first two episodes this week. Looks like season four will not disappoint!}

{This isn't so much a flashback as it is a thought that has helped me get through some of the challenging moments of the week. Tomorrow hubby and I are getting our monthly hour long massages. HALLELUJAH! Talk about needing a stress reliever! We have a wonderful massage therapist that comes to our homes and give the best massages ever! I sure need it after this week!}


No comments:

Post a Comment